Hunting and Trapping
- A valid MCRRC annual permit is required prior to hunting land at the MCRRC.
- A pre-sale event will be held starting August 30 for those who meet the following criteria: The Hunter purchased a permit in 2021 AND are either a Veteran or are over age 65.
- A valid Michigan DNR Hunting License must be presented at the time of MCRRC permit purchase.
- Permits will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis and are limited to a certain number of hunters in each of 8 zones.
- Each hunter is permitted to choose ONE hunting zone from those available at the time of purchase.
- Purchase price is $75 for the season (10/1/22 through 1/2/23).
- Permit holder may ONLY hunt in the selected zone for the entire season.
- Permits purchased for minors must be in the same zone as the supervising hunter.
- MCRRC Hunting Permits will go on sale September 6 at 8 a.m.
Liberty Hunt for Youth – Archery ONLY
Continuing this year, MCWMS is participating in the Liberty hunt. This hunt takes place on September 10 and 11 and is free of charge. Please see Youth Hunting Rules 22 for rules and information.
Archery Deer Hunting
MCWMS permits hunting for archery deer on the land treatment site for a charge of $75. Fees are waived for Veterans and Active Duty military with DD-214 or Military ID. There have been several important rule changes for this season
For rules, map and permit application See: Hunting Rules 22
Managed Waterfowl Hunt
The Michigan DNR through the local State Game Area, has managed a waterfowl hunt at the Wastewater plant during mid- October through mid-December since 1979. For the first time this year, the hunt will continue through the mid-November period. Interested parties should contact the local office at 231-788-5055 or email Nik Kalejs
Trapping is permitted by lottery, primarily to protect the System dikes and ditches from erosion. Click Here: for trapping rules and map.